By Richard Tromans, innovation consultant to law fi rms at TromansConsulting and editor of Artifi cialLawyer.com
About the author
Part 1: Legal AI – Beyond the hype
Chapter 1: Defining legal AI
- What is AI?
- Why is AI so hot right now?
- Research and legal AI
- Where does AI fi t into legal IT?
- Robots in law – A few examples!
Chapter 2: From BI to AI
- BI and big data
- AI’s two-factor authentication
- The AI of BI – and the BI of AI!
- Get the BI right first
- From dashboard to conversation
Part 2: Putting AI to work
Chapter 3: Legal research – Virtual assistants
- Contract robots – Beyond automation
- Machine learning… and teaching
- The conversational assistant
- Machine learning is at the heart of legal AI
Chapter 4: ‘Driverless’ law – An intelligent platform for legal services
- Robot lawyers – The legal chatbot
- From document automation to driverless law
- Self-driving platforms?
- Pay-as-you-go AI
- Narrow AI as a service
- Corporate legal drives AI as a service
Chapter 5: AI first – Service as software
- AI as a platform – Riverview Law
- AI-powered apps – Neota Logic
- AI collaboration
- A portfolio approach to legal AI
Part 3: AI giving back – Return on investment
Chapter 6: AI and lawtech start-ups
- The lawtech start-up phenomenon
- Global communities
- Investors and incubators
- Start-up tips from TrademarkNow
- Start-up tips from Seedcamp
Chapter 7: AI for good
- Brainstorming for good
- Chatbots extend access to legal advice
- Robot justice
Chapter 8: AI challenges
- Legal, ethical, and regulatory considerations
- Implementation challenges
- Disrupting the law firm value chain
- Strategic choices
- Building AI into law firm culture
Part 4: Looking ahead… but not too far!
Chapter 9: Legal AI – Creating the future
- Can AI drive client centricity?
- Unleashing the true potential of AI – Building the exponential law fi rm
- A global perspective on legal AI
Chapter 10: Robot lawyers – A new chapter in legal IT
- Beyond the hype – Transforming, but not taking over