We welcome proposals from authors for new book ideas.
We accept proposals on a range of subject areas in black letter law from an international perspective as well as in law firm management. We aim to publish books which are sufficiently high level to be of real use to the experienced professional, yet still accessible and easy to navigate.
All we need to start with (where the manuscript has not been written) is:
- a short proposal (two to three pages), containing the background to the work and why it is timely;
- an outline of the contents, including a table of contents and list of author(s);
- a few highlighted features and benefits (ie. exactly how a customer will find it useful);
- an overview of the main competing works;
- an outline of the target market; and
- an indication of length and delivery timeframe.
This will then be assessed internally and we will endeavour to respond to you in a timely fashion.
We offer authors full support from the proposal procedure through editorial (we work with trained professional editors and all our titles go through a rigorous editing and proofing procedure) and production to publication and marketing. Our titles are marketed in a range of ways, including pre and post-publication mailings to our large database of customers and contacts globally; working with our bookseller partners and agents; approaching relevant publications for review; exhibiting at selected conferences; partnering with international organisations and working with contributing firms to promote their involvement in the book, among other promotional activities.
Please do feel free to email Sian O'Neill with any queries or with your proposal.