Consulting editor(s): Barbara R Hauser
Publication date: Aug 2020
How our eBook platform works
How our Globe Law Online 5 user licence works
As F Scott Fitzgerald wrote in The Great Gatsby, “the rich are different” and face unique challenges – this is perhaps especially true today. Countries are racing to disclose bank accounts to garner more tax income and the politics of being in the “1% club” are not always positive. Yet these are important clients with important needs.
This comprehensive new handbook, featuring contributions by leading private client advisers, includes chapters on topics including:
- the importance of having a detailed, organised balance sheet;
- buying very substantial properties;
- choosing a country of residence;
- managing cross-border taxes;
- protecting assets from marital claims;
- understanding trust documents;
- creating a private trust company; and
- setting up a family office.
In addition, this book explores risk and reputation management, addresses diminished capacity and provides the essential requirements of wealth infrastructure, the philanthropic framework and the future of global investing.
Edited by Barbara Hauser, Editor of The International Family Offices Journal and the new edition of Family Offices: The STEP Handbook for Advisers, this new handbook will provide essential reading for all private client advisers, wherever they are based.