Author(s): Ian Turvill , Angela Hickey , John Cahill , Jill Weber , Deepa Tharmaraj , Susan Pettit , David H. Freeman , Robert Pay , Andrew Hedley
Publication date: Jul 2016
Since the economic downturn law firms that once saw growth as easy and inevitable are finding that the only way to achieve this is now to wrest market share from the competition. There is no one "right" way to do this; some firms have opted for a determined policy of buying market share and recruiting lateral talent, while others rely on more organic growth.
With contributions from a wide range of thought leaders and industry experts, Growth Strategies for the Modern Law Firm provides advice on a number growth options available, and shares practical guidance designed to help firm leaders to formulate and implement a profitable, sustainable growth strategy.
Topics covered include:
- Aligning strategy, culture, and performance management with a growth agenda
- Utilizing a key relationship management program to retain and grow clients and referral sources
- Implementing listening programs to better serve clients, and create a platform for differentiation and growth
- Making cross-selling a cornerstone of growth strategies and firm culture
- Critical success factors that enable lateral hiring to be a key to client growth
- Creativity and innovations impact on growth strategies for legal departments
- Systematic programs for lawyer business development
- Organic growth strategies through focusing practice specialties
- Holistic approaches to improving client experience that drives client growth
- and much more...